We grilled out on Wednesday night and this is what we made. It was delicious. The recipe was from Cooking Light. I didn't have a mango on hand (strange but true, given my intense love affair with all things mango) but I did have a fresh watermelon from our CSA, so I just made it without the mango. This salsa is sweet and tangy and salty and crunchy...it's like a junk food addict's dream concoction except it's actually healthy. I will definitely make this again.
Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast with Watermelon-Jalapeno Salsa
*I made some modifications, you can find the original recipe here.
Ingredients
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed seeded watermelon
1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeƱo pepper (about 1 small)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce (sounds gross, I know, trust me it works)
Preparation
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator up to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Prepare grill.
Place chicken on a grill rack. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Combine watermelon and remaining ingredients. Serve watermelon mixture with chicken.
We served this with grilled zucchini and squash.
2 comments:
I forgot to add that it's important to cut the chicken breasts in half, so they are thinner and grill faster without getting dried out and also, that way they'll carry the flavor of the marinate better.
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment